Events and health promotion activities in local communities are a great way to raise awareness of men’s health issues. That’s why we've developed a Men's Health Presentation Kit to help get the message across.
Men’s Health Presentation Kit
We believe that by holding health events, we can get conversations started and reduce the stigma around seeking help for issues that are sometimes difficult to talk about.
To help with the running of an event, we've collaborated with the Australian Men's Shed Association to develop a health presentation kit, 'Spanner in the Works?'. Our handy kit helps organisations, businesses and individuals raise community awareness for a range of men’s health issues. The kit helps organisations, businesses and individuals raise community awareness on male reproductive and sexual health, and associated conditions such as depression, cardiovascular disease, and alcohol and drug abuse.
Kits are used at health awareness events at Men's Sheds, in prisons, community health centres, local council/shire events, and in male-dominated industries such as mining. These events help to increase awareness of health conditions and encourage men to talk about their health with GPs, nurses and other health professionals, in addition to family members, partners and each other.
The 'Spanner in the Works?' health presentation kit includes:
- 20 x 'Spanner in the Works?' booklets for your event attendees
- 1 x USB with presentation, feedback forms and printable booklets, posters and flyers
- 2 x posters to promote your event
- 20 x flyers to promote your event.
Our 'Spanner in the Works?' health presentation kit (and all of our other resources) can be ordered at no cost and postage is free.
Please note that orders for our health presentation kit are currently closed due to overwhelming interest. We will be reviewing the use and success of the health presentation kit over the coming weeks and will be re-releasing the kit early 2020.
Healthy Male has a wide range of other resources, from comprehensive information guides, to health promotion items and clinical summary guides. All of our resources are available at no cost and postage is free within Australia.
Tips on finding a speaker
- Ideally, speakers will have experience presenting to a crowd, and be entertaining, engaging and approachable
- Get in touch with your local health experts. They’ll have a sound knowledge of your community and understand the services available in the area
- Your local health service, doctor clinic, Men’s Shed, or primary health network might also be able to point you in the right direction
- If your event has an entertainment budget, public speakers can also be booked through speaker agencies for a fee